Sporting Dog Training Area
Four Lakes Forest Preserve, 10180 Trask Bridge Road (Highway 70), Pecatonica, IL 61063 has a sporting dog training area that is open year round.
Required on-site day use registration at no charge.
Follow rules and regulations posted.
• Dogs may be off leash for training.
• Open sunrise to sunset year round.
• No motorized vehicles allowed beyond parking lot except to load & unload and must stay on road or trails.
• Blank guns may be use. ABSOLUTELY NO LIVE AMMUNITION OR HUNTING ALLOWED.
• Dogs must stay within the marked training boundaries.
• Owners are soley responsible for their dog(s) and their behavior.
• This property is unsupervised and is to be left in its naturalized state.
Dogs should be kept within training posted boundary signs.
25 acres of upland field training area and 1/2 acre pond for retriever training. This is a great area for those wanting to run and train their sporting breed pointers, flushers, and retrievers.